Sunday, June 13, 2010

Angelus Oaks to Clarks Summit.


Another one of those long bike rides. I was always wondering if those fire roads over there could get me to Big Bear instead of riding all the way around the road up highway 38. Turns out the road is probably easier. But I did it anyway just because it was there. I don't know if I want to do it again. Maybe if I can get some poor fool to suffer with me. Near the top it is loose and rocky in places with some small ring climbing. For some reason (now I know why) there were no other bikes on this trail even on this perfect weather early June Saturday. 3 or 4 jeeps and a half dozen motorcycles. According to my GPS I burned 3566 calories. Not bad since I did it on 1 power bar and two Power Gels. It did make me really hungry and I enjoyed a couple of nice Arrogant Bastard drafts along and an awesome Rare AHI sandwich as a reward.



No comments: